Description From Meliora Cleaning Products
✓ 100% Plastic-Free
✓ Palm-Oil Free
✓ Synthetic Fragrance-Free
Our Gentle Home Cleaning Scrub is a great way to add a little kick to your people- and planet-friendly home cleaning. This mixture of baking soda and our All-Purpose Home Cleaner Soap works great on the tub, tiles, and stovetops around your home.
100% biodegradable and septic-safe.
Instructions for Use
Sprinkle Gentle Home Cleaning Scrub Onto Wetted Surface*
Rub with Damp Cotton Rags, Sponge, or Swedish Dish Cloth
Rinse Surface and Wipe Dry
*Always test a new surface in an inconspicuous area to ensure baking soda won't scratch or harm finish.
Safe for Use on:
Avoid Using Scrub On:
- Non-Stick Cookware
Each item is Vegan, Cruelty-Free, and MADE SAFE Certified. 1% of every sale goes towards environmental causes.
Full Ingredient List [UNSCENTED]: Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda), Vegetable Soap [Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Water]
Full Ingredient List [PEPPERMINT TEA TREE]: Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda), Vegetable Soap [Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Water], Organic Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Organic
Melaleuca Alternafolia Leaf (Tea Tree) Oil
Net Weight 12 oz.
Nerd Alert: More Detailed Information On Ingredients:
- Sodium Bicarbonate: Also known as baking soda, sodium bicarbonate is an odor neutralizer and gentle abrasive.
- Vegetable Soap:
- Sodium Cocoate: This is the chemical name of saponified (that is, 'made into soap') coconut oil. It's the chemical that grabs onto both dirt and water to do the cleaning.
- Glycerin: This substance is chemically a type of alcohol and is naturally created when the oil is converted into soap. Glycerin is known for skin-softening abilities and is an effective solvent, meaning it can dissolve substances such as stains and dirts.
- Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil: There is a small amount of coconut oil left in the soap after conversion to sodium cocoate. This is because we use sodium hydroxide, or lye, in the conversion process and leaving excess oil ensures there is no remaining lye in the finished product. Some soapmakers refer to this as 'superfatting' and more oil remaining results in a softer, more moisturizing bar. Our coconut soap bars have only a small amount of excess oil, so they are not the luxurious body bar type and more of a 'get the job done' bar.
- Water: Water is used in the soapmaking process as a substance that dissolves lye and then is a medium so the lye can reach all of the oil to react. After being useful in this process, the water is allowed to evaporate from the soap over a period of several weeks, and the resulting dried bar has very little water. There is only about 5% water remaining in the finished bars, thus making them more shelf stable than a liquid soap that would require a preservative due to the high (about 60%) water.
Meliora Cleaning Products's Impact
Healthy, happy homes love Meliora Cleaning Products — safe, non-toxic cleaning and laundry products that actually work. Made in small batches in Chicago, often by founders Mike and Kate themselves, with as many local ingredients as possible. Their products take clean to the next level by disclosing every single ingredient used. Meliora is latin for “better” and we happen to agree!
Meliora Cleaning Products's Return Policy
If you're unhappy with the performance of Meliora's products, they'll gladly work with you on a refund if you contact them within 30 days of your purchase (if 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately they cannot offer you a refund). To contact Meliora, visit: https://meliorameansbetter.com/pages/contact-us.