Looking for something fun, guilt-free, and creative to do? We’ve got a really GOOD project for you. Introducing the natural dye kit, complete with a Good Tee, gives the beginner dyer a perfect introduction to the beauty and wonder of creating color from nature and customizing your own unique t-shirt. The best part about this is it’s sustainable, a guilt-free project, with minimal environmental impact.
- A toddler t-shirt in any size you need and rubber bands. Comprehensive instructions in the kit will take you through the step-by-step process of preparing your fibers and dyeing them with these dried dyestuffs.
- Included are the ingredients to dye around 2-3 medium adult t-shirts.
- Alum (a food-safe ingredient made of potassium aluminum sulfate) as the mordant(for colorfast), and Gallnut, tannin powder made from the galls formed on oak trees, for pre-mordanting.
- Logwood chips (haematoxylon campechianum), which yield gorgeous soft purples, Osage sawdust (Maclura pomifera) for yellow,
Please note that the dyed fibers in the photos are not included. They are there to show you what colors you can expect to achieve with the dye.
35 g alum, 25g gallnut,15g logwood, 15g osage sawdust
It's all in the name—good tees that do good! The Good Tee was created after their founder, Adila, read about some of the horrifying effects of the cotton industry on farmers in India. She was determined to start a clothing company that did things differently—slower production schedules, ethical working conditions, and fair wages for everyone. And The Good Tee was born! Today, they're proud to offer certified fair trade and organic cotton tees that are great for the planet and the people who make them. They provide affordable men's, women's, and kids' sizes in comfy and classic styles. And beyond simply operating sustainably themselves, they're committed to educating and helping others do the same!
Products can be returned to The Good Tee within 60 days.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. Please note that customer is responsible for return shipping costs to Canada.
To complete your return, The Good Tee requires a receipt or proof of purchase.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable):
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 60 days after delivery
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.