Description From Ocelot Market
HANDMADE AFRICAN BASKET FROM UGANDA
Introducing our newest size in the KAZI family, the medium round basket!
Looking for a tabletop accessory, wall art, or storage for keys and clutter on your entryway furniture? This round bowl was created with you in mind. You can also use this as a serving bowl for your favorite fruit.
The matte fibers and exquisite color of this woven home decor will satisfy the senses whenever you see with this high quality basket. Each basket has a hand-stitched loop on the back so you can enjoy this ready to hang wall art.
- Approximately 10”D x 3” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in rural Uganda this one of a kind piece takes a day to complete.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down: shake and tap to release crumbs and residue.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
A Ugandan weaver crafted this exquisite masterpiece using locally sourced raffia plant and sweet grass. This purchase guarantees fair, stage wages for this talented artisan. Prior to working with KAZI, many artisans worked manual labor jobs or as local vendors. It was financially difficult to support themselves and their children. KAZI weavers have become respected local leaders and primary income earners of their households. Ugandan women weave in small groups, building community and mastering their trade. They can now invest in their childrens' education, increase their savings, and plan for a hopeful future.
About Ocelot Market
Shop the world with Ocelot Market! A collective of handmade goods from all over the glove, Ocelot Market prides itself on offering one-of-a-kind goods that empower artisans all over the world and do good for the planet! Check out their collection and you'll find a variety of products—shoes, bags, home goods, apparel, accessories and much more. It's all ethically-made, supporting workers in the developing world, and most of it is made from upcycled and recycled materials. They even plant a tree with every purchase!
Ocelot Market's Return Policy
Any new, unworn, undamaged items can be returned within 14 days of delivery for a full refund, store credit or exchange. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for return approval. Once approved, we will send you a return label to attach to your original packaging (or any packaging you have) and you can drop it off at your nearest post office at your convenience. If your purchase was under $50, the cost of shipping back to us will be deducted from the refund. All purchases made during a sale or flash sale are final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged, with the exception of any shoes purchased at $50+.