Looking for something fun, guilt-free and creative to do? We’ve got a really GOOD project for you. Introducing the Indigo dye kit, complete with a Good Tee, gives the beginner dyer a perfect introduction to the beauty and wonder of creating colour from nature and customizing your own unique t-shirt. The best part about this is it’s sustainable, a guilt-free project, with minimal environmental impact.
Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria) species are the world's only source of natural, true, colourfast blue. A magical dyestuff that has been used around the world as a dye since pre-historic times, the culture and wonder that surrounds this plant are immense.
Indigo cannot be dyed in the same way as other dyes but must be used to create a "living" vat, which is achieved through a sort of fermentation process.
- A t-shirt in any size you need. Included are the ingredients to dye around 2-3 medium adult t-shirts and rubber bands. The kit also includes comprehensive instructions on how to create and use the vat.
- This kit contains the pre-measured ingredients to create one organic fructose vat, with which you can dye quite a bit of fibre - how much a kit will dye depends on a few things, including how dark you want the blue to be, and what fibres you use. But it will dye a lot! As a general ballpark, you could expect to dye at least 2-3 t-shirts to a medium blue, and probably more, and darker if you wish.
- Indigofera tinctoria powder, extracted from the plant, pickling lime (calx), and fructose sugar.
Please note that the dyed fibres in the photos are not included. They are there to show you what colours you can expect to achieve with the dye.
20g Indigofera tinctoria powder, extracted from the plant, 40g pickling lime (calx), and 60g fructose sugar.
Shop more from The Good Tee's collection
It's all in the name—good tees that do good! The Good Tee was created after their founder, Adila, read about some of the horrifying effects of the cotton industry on farmers in India. She was determined to start a clothing company that did things differently—slower production schedules, ethical working conditions, and fair wages for everyone. And The Good Tee was born! Today, they're proud to offer certified fair trade and organic cotton tees that are great for the planet and the people who make them. They provide affordable men's, women's, and kids' sizes in comfy and classic styles. And beyond simply operating sustainably themselves, they're committed to educating and helping others do the same!
Products can be returned to The Good Tee within 60 days.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. Please note that customer is responsible for return shipping costs to Canada.
To complete your return, The Good Tee requires a receipt or proof of purchase.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable):
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 60 days after delivery
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.