Traditional techniques meet modern design with SLATE + SALT’s collection of one-of-a-kind pieces. Founded by Lyndsay, a travel junkie who fell in love with the people, cultures and craftsmanship she encountered exploring off the beaten path villages across Southeast Asia. She shares an ever-evolving selection of designs from her personal relationships with talented artisans in 14 countries and counting!
This natural leather tote backpack is great for carrying all your essentials. Nubuck leather has shades that vary and naturally distress with age. Each bag is handcrafted in Kenya by local artisans. All materials are raw, up cycled and locally sourced in Kenya.
- Materials: Soft cowhide leather + Hand casted brass buckles
- Measurements: W 13" H 15" D 4" + Adjustable straps length 35"
- Features: Soft, unlined, raw interior
- Handmade with love in Kenya
- As with all handcrafted goods, there are slight variations making each piece a work of art and truly one of a kind.
- Care: We suggest no maintenance as the character of the material is enhanced with use. We do not suggest washing your leather in a washing machine or submerging in liquid. For spot cleaning, we recommend cold water, cotton cloth and blotting method.
Meyelo believes in empowering artisans with sustainable income through their craft and providing artisans with a source of fair trade income, support for their community, and a global platform for their work. Many skilled artisans have limited access to education and economic opportunity. Meyelo provides training programs in business practices to help artisans ensure their understanding of the global market. Currently, they employ over 80 artisans in Kenya.
Meyelo permanently invests in the future of the artisans and their communities by giving a portion of the proceeds back to the growth of the artisan small businesses. With every purchase, you are helping provide for their families and support their community. The long-term investment in helping others is the foundation of Meyelo’s business model. They work in community development with Maasai villages and provide access to education, water, farming co-ops and medical needs. They also empower women, girls and their communities with sustainable programs. 10% of every purchase goes directly to A Voice Is Heard to support sustainable community development projects in Kenya.