Radically simplified, non-toxic personal care essentials delivered to your door every 60 days.
Our simple, classic razor handle made using sustainably harvested beech wood. Designed to work with Gillette® Mach3™ blades delivering the best possible shave.
- Ergonomic, eco-friendly design gives you control when shaving and will last for years.
- Gillette Mach3™ blades are simply the best. Superior quality blades deliver an outstanding shave & stay sharper longer.
- Works with our smart, simple shaving solution: 3-in-1 Bar + Mach3™ blades + Skin Fuel.
- Made from sustainably harvested, durable beechwood. FSC certified.
- Includes one Mach3™ razor.
- Engraved with “Akamai” a Hawaiian for intelligent.
Made in China | Fair Trade & Fair Labor
Have an active subscription and want to add this item? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add it to your next subscription.
According to the New York Times, each year Americans throw away 2 billion disposable razors.
Part of smart, simple shaving solution.
Our Shaving Kit includes everything you need for a smooth, close shave and healthy skin. Say goodbye to cheap blades & bloated shave club services. Ditch the chemicals, save $ while reducing waste and complexity. The reality is you don’t need new blades every week, or even every month. Learn More.
The best blades made
Superior quality blades deliver an outstanding shave & stay sharper longer. Gillette Mach3™ blades are simply the best, and we can teach you how to extend the life by 5x or more. Wondering why a brand like ours would carry a mass product like this? See here
How to use:
Slip the Akamai Razor Handle into a Mach3™ cartridge until it clicks.
Need more razors? You can get them here
Did you know?
- As far back as the Stone Age, people used tools to remove unwanted hair. The earliest shaving tools were tweezers, made of 2 seashells used to grip the hair. It wasn’t until 3000 BC that metalsmithing allowed the fashioning of metal to create a blade.
- The modern razor handle was patented in 1847 by William Henson his innovation was to place the blade perpendicular to its handle. This changed forever the way that we grip the shaver, providing much better control. The modern shaving system was born in 1901 when King C Gillette added a disposable blade.
- $100,000 razor? It's true. Made of iridium, sapphires, and platinum, Zafirro Iridium is the most modern, exclusive and ridiculous razor ever made.
Our handle holds up well in the shower, however storing it outside of the shower will allow it, and more importantly the blade, to properly dry. Like any wooden utensil, it should not soak in water.
Our recipe for a smart, simplified shave?
- Mach3™ Blade
- Akamai Razor Handle made from FSC sustainably harvested beechwood.
- 3-in-1 Bar an excellent lubricant for shaving
- Skin Fuel to soothe, nourish and condition skin.
You can buy these products separately, or purchase the Akamai Shave Kit to get started.
Why The Forest Stewardship Council matters